Monday, October 11, 2010

Carrot & Ginger Muffins


Every now and then, I just feel the need for comfort food. However, since I have been ordered to actually eat 3 times a day and 2 snacks in between, things are getting boring. (By boring I mean 'healthy' food).
Since I (almost) completely gave up cooking in summer, now that the weather is getting back to normal, I can keep the oven running all day long!
Today was one of those days when I was not sure what I feel like eating and raided the cupboard. I came up with some usual ingredients and a bottle of unopened ginger powder. So, I flipped few pages of my cookbook (an old and really shaggy diary) and there were in all of their glory, Carrot and Ginger Muffins.
They're really easy to make, taste delicious and can be kept for 2 days (in case they last that long).

For 10 biggish muffins you will need:
225 grams self-raising flour
2 teaspoons ginger powder
170 grams brown sugar
230 grams grated carrots
50 grams sultanas
2 beaten eggs
3 tablespoons vegetable cooking oil
6 tablespoons orange juice

Method:
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line muffing tin with paper cases. Mix the dry ingredients with the sultanas and carrots.
In separate bowl, mix the oil, eggs and orange juice and fold gently with spoon into the dry ingredients. Mix through, but not too much, as you will end up with chewy muffins.
Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 25 minutes.
Transfer to wire rack to cool completely and store in airtight container for 2 days.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ah, zverko edna! Pa što kjutiš deka si otvorila blog?!??!??? :)))))) Kje te tepam! :*****

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catch me if you can :p Aj natepaj me! :***

    ReplyDelete