Saturday, November 13, 2010

Speedy Lasagna


I don't like Mondays by default. It has nothing to do with the working week starting. Remember...I'm not into paid labor these days.
It has to do with people rushing like possessed, speeding like lunatics and the general feeling of anger.
However, since my classes are on Mondays, I use the opportunity to observe a lot and then vent with my friend Anna. Anna is one of those people that has calming effect on others. She has huge smile and endless patience. Oh...and she REALLY likes purple color :)
So, last Monday in one of the Supermarkets, there was special offer on storage boxes which incidentally were purple.
Anna needed to buy some and I decided to tag along for company and picking some bits and pieces to fill the fridge.
Usually my cupboards are stocked and bursting at the seams with the staples like pasta, tinned fruit and veg, canned fish and other imaginable groceries.
However, it is on few occasions that fresh, bronze drawn pasta is available (and dirt cheap) and since I was in the right place at the right time, I picked up 2 packs of lasagna sheets.
Hubby is not fan of lasagna, but I really do like it, so that means that I have leftovers frozen for another 3 meals for myself.
So, here's my speedy lasagna recipe which tastes absolutely delicious with some grated cheese on top.

Ingredients:

Pack of 5 fresh lasagna sheets (250 grams)
250 grams grounded beef (or whichever you prefer, turkey, chicken, pork)
Jar of tomato sauce with spices (350 ml) + 100 ml water
1 pack of Béchamel
sauce (500 ml)
200 grams Asiago cheese (grated)
3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
some olive oil for frying the meat and greasing the dish

Method:

Preheat the oven to 200 grades Celsius.
Put the meat to brown on 1 tablespoon olive oil. When it is browned all over, pour the sauce and water and stir until it is heated through.
Grease lightly baking dish (30 x 20 centimeters) with some olive oil.
Put the first pasta sheet on the bottom, ladle some of the meat sauce over it, pour some of the
Béchamel sauce and sprinkle few tablespoons of the Asiago cheese.
Repeat the process with the next 3 sheets (by this time the meat sauce should be spent).
Cover with the last pasta sheet, pour some of the Béchamel and top with grated Asiago and Parmesan cheeses.
Put in the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes or until golden on top.
After taking the lasagna out of the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes and then slowly cut the portions.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment