Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crispy chicken fillets


I have been busy with my assignments and other stuff, my health seems to take unexpected turns, but there is always something nice to make up for all the not-so-nice things.
I have given up on TV long time ago, and probably will give up on the newspapers too (although I'll be still buying them, Fluffy seems to like tinkling on them).
I was in the pet shop few days ago, buying treats for Fluffy and talking to the birds and bunnies in the shop. And then, hubby saw this little bugger in the budgies cage, and I just knew that I had to take him home :)
So, my bird cages are all occupied now and their occupants happy and chirpy.
Another thing that makes me feel better is cooking. From simple things for quick bite, to things that take hours on the stove or in the oven.
However, since I don't have the luxury of time these days, it is mostly quick bites that are being prepared.
I am not a fan of fish, but every now and then I get the craving, but again, I didn't go to the fish shop to buy me some fish and the next logical thing was to dig in the freezer.
I came out with 2 nice thick chicken fillets and defrosted them. But I wasn't going to cook them the 'traditional' way in egg and flour, so improvisation was in order.
The original fish recipe I wanted to make is found here, but mine is in completely different species, so I will type it out how I made it.

For 2 people you will need:

2 chicken fillets (each cut into 2, like butterflying them, but cut all the way through)
1 egg, beaten
1 cup instant potato mash flakes
1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper t taste
Oil for frying

Method:

Mix the potato flakes with oregano and the Parmesan.
Pat dry the chicken fillets after cutting them up and season them with some salt and pepper.
Heat some oil in a frying pan.
Dip each piece into the beaten egg and then into the mash/cheese mixture and place it gently into the frying pan.
Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side and after taking them out, put them on kitchen paper to drain from the excess oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment