Friday, May 25, 2012

Cherry brandy clafoutis (Long live new and old friendships!)

As most of my readers already know, I am quitee fond of cooking...and trying out new recipes. Over a year ago one of my cousins added me to a cooking group on a social network and I have been sharing my recipes and taking note of new ones. All this with people I have never met, and there's a beauty to it. We do tend to help each other with advice, come up with an idea for a quick snack and whatnot.


Just a couple of weeks ago, the administrator of that group contacted me to tell me that I've got a surprise. Oh boy, what a nice surprise that was! A lady that (again) I never met, decided to send me a gift of a cook book, just because. No reason, no catch. What a lovely sentiment!


I promised the lady and the rest of the group members that I will make something and share it with them, so the first thing of course, was dessert. I love me my sweet thingies.






Now the recipe.


To serve 4:


200-250 fresh cherries, stoned and halved
2 tbsp cherry brandy
75 grams plain flour
55 grams light muscovado sugar
250 ml semi-skimmed milk
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
icing sugar to dust (optional)


Preheat the oven to 200C.
Divide the cherries equally among four 300ml ovenproof dishes, spreading them in an even layer. Drizzle the brandy over the cherries and set aside.
Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar.
In a jug, whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla, then whisk into the flour mixture to make smooth batter.
Divide the batter equally among the dishes, pouring slowly over the cherries.
Bake about 20 minutes or until lightly set and pale golden. 
Dust with icing sugar if you like and serve warm.







No comments:

Post a Comment